The health benefits of garlic cannot be underestimated. To use it medicinally, take it raw, either swallowed in slivers like a pill, or tossed into your warm foods at the very last minute. I like to use it in a dressing myself, and here's my favorite. Salads tossed with this dressing are excellent for warding off infection and vampires.
Makes 1½ cups
- 1 cup (235 ml.) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml.) balsamic vinegar (or white wine, apple cider, or coconut vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (one whole lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (two if you are feeling run down or infected)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Italian spice blend
1. Crush or finely chop the garlic, and leave to the side for twenty minutes. This gives the enzymes time to produce allicin and thiosulfinates, aka “garlic superpowers.”
2. Blend together all other ingredients, and stir in the garlic at the end. If you use a hand blender it will become creamy in texture. To keep the dressing more on the oily side, whisk with a fork instead.